View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #602
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

When you mess around with the murder of the Waynes, you're messing with the foundation of the whole mythology. It's one of the most sacred moments of Batman lore, whole different ballgame. If Burton didn't realize that he was doing something potentially controversial than that was a bit naive on his part. And none of those examples you just listed come off as extremely contrived coincidences. It's not just the idea itself, but the shoehorned in feel of the execution and ultimate hollowness of the reveal.

Personally, I honestly LOVE the flashback of the Waynes' murder in Batman 89. I find that scene to be quite haunting and I probably prefer it to the Waynes' murder in Batman Begins. But when I take a step back, I can acknowledge that there are some legitimate gripes to be had with it. And I ultimately very much prefer the classic scenario where Batman never gets the chance to avenge the man who gunned down his parents. That just rings true to me.

OutRiddled, just cause you defend the Burton films constantly does that make you a Burtonite? Do you want to be labeled a blind Burton worshiper? No? Then don't play the "Nolanite" card. It works both ways.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote