View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #611
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I'm sorry but I agree with OutRiddled. If you had a problem with Joker being the murderer of Bruce's parents in Burton's movie, then I don't see why you wouldn't have a problem with all of the liberties Nolan took with the mythology as well.
I don't count the likes of Joker setting up Dent's scarring, or Ra's Al Ghul being the trainer of Bruce to being close to the same level as the Joker being the reason Batman exists. That not only changes Batman's origin, but it changes the nature of their relationship entirely. Batman's relationship with his greatest villain. When they have their one and only face off as Batman and Joker in the movie, what was it all about? Batman beating him up because he killed his parents. It was the antithesis of everything they are as rivals in the comics.

Quote:
Again, all Burton did was take the relationship between these two characters and turn it into something more. It didn't hurt the film, it made it better.
All evidence to the contrary. The backlash it got was entirely justified.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote