View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #616
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post

Let's not act like Batman 89 answered all questions. A lot of Bruce's past is kept a mystery, intentionally. All we get as an explanation for why he chose bats as a symbol is, "they're great survivors". We never get that moment of realization where he decides "I shall become a Bat".
That's because Batman '89 didn't need pages of exposition ala Nolan. It told the story it needed to and that's it. Some things work better kept as a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't count the likes of Joker setting up Dent's scarring, or Ra's Al Ghul being the trainer of Bruce to being close to the same level as the Joker being the reason Batman exists. That not only changes Batman's origin, but it changes the nature of their relationship entirely. Batman's relationship with his greatest villain. When they have their one and only face off as Batman and Joker in the movie, what was it all about? Batman beating him up because he killed his parents. It was the antithesis of everything they are as rivals in the comics.

All evidence to the contrary. The backlash it got was entirely justified.
You are completely biased though, because you're such a big fan of the Joker and only agree with certain interpretations.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote