View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #618
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
You are completely biased though
Says the guy who makes up personal statements from Nolan and the actors.

Quote:
because you're such a big fan of the Joker and only agree with certain interpretations.
What you mean good and valid interpretations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
You appear to have such a narrow minded view of things. That and I believe you allow your prejudice and your own personal disapproval of Burton's artistic choices cloud your judgment.
No, I just don't like the artistic choices he made. How does that make me prejudiced? Neither did thousands of other Batman fans as evidenced above.

So I guess the Batman fan base is "narrow minded", too

Quote:
Batman's villains have always metaphorically symbolized a shade of Batman himself, and Burton's films are no different. Batman "created" Joker just as Jack "created" Batman. That's what defines their relationship in these movies. That's why their destines are intertwined.
No, that's how Burton wrote it. Not how it actually is between Batman and Joker. Hence why their relationship for decades was never predicated on it. Nor was it after Batman '89 either.

If it was such an improvement on their relationship as you keep claiming, why did it never get adapted into the comics? It wouldn't be the first time DC took ideas for characterizations from movies or cartoons. Look at Mr. Freeze and Harley Quinn for example.

I'll tell you why, because it's a terrible idea. Or maybe you're just too "narrow minded" to see that?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote