View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #630
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Ok, man, I believe you, but that wasn't my point anyway. It's an interesting new twist, and at least some of it was incorporated into Batman '89.
But it wasn't incorporated into Batman '89. Joker just wanted Batman dead in that. No different to any other villain.

Quote:
Well it's not that they get abducted by aliens or something.
Funny, but you see how it's the same type of continuity change.

Quote:
No, MR ZERO'S origin was established.
It's the same character. This hang up over the name won't change that any more than The Cat still being Catwoman, or Harvey Kent still being Two Face.

Quote:
It does make a difference if it's just a joke villain who only had one or two appearances in the comics in a short time span VERSUS a solid piece of the mythos around since '39 and had lasted way longer, up until recently. A BIG DIFFERENCE.
Two things:

1. He was among one of the most prominent villains, especially after the 60's TV show utilized him three times and catapulted his status, just like with the Riddler.
2. Before the 60's show he only had like two appearances. After it he had many appearances.

Quote:
It's not affecting the established continuity, though. It doesn't change the origin of Joker, for example.
That's because Joker doesn't have a definitive origin. You're missing the point....AGAIN. They took something from a media adaption of Batman and dropped it into continuity.

It was a retcon in terms that suddenly Joker had a girlfriend and a hench wench. Anyone not familiar with BTAS wouldn't have a clue who she is or what her story was. They didn't reveal it until a year or so after she appeared in a spin off story called 'Harley Quinn'.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-07-2013 at 03:28 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote