View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #58
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Honestly i feel this is the only place i ever hear that? To me critical and financial success equals curse broken.
Boom, we have a winner. Also counting in the general audience's view of TDKR with the addition of critical and financial success, I wouldn't see why anyone would say the curse for CBMs isn't broken just because a few fanboys dislike or even hate TDKR. Spider-Man 3 only won the financial part, and didn't get the mass approval of the general audience and critical acclaim that TDKR received, and there are just complete failures all around like X-Men 3, Superman III, Blade: Trinity...and I just don't remember how much Batman Forever made or the critical reception that film received, but TDKR got all three with making over a billion dollars, having a 87% critics rating on RT and a 92% audience rating on the site as well. Plus, fairly credible ratings on metacritic that once again fits the film right between BB and TDK as as well being placed in numerous Top Ten lists including AFI(making Nolan the only director to have two CBMs in there).

Indeed, TDKR has broken the CBM curse. Took it a while to catch up with other genres that already broke that curse.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote