View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #636
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
You were the one just arguing everything had to make sense and no loose ends could be left for a stand alone movie. I'm not even saying it's a "bad" thing that we didn't get more insight into Batman's origins, I'm just illustrating a point that the movie didn't become some "Prometheus" type movie because it left things unanswered, like you were trying to imply keeping the murder of Bruce's parents unresolved would have done. Funny how you pick and choose what's acceptable to be kept mysterious and what needs to be spelled out for us when it comes to Batman 89.
No, there's a difference between mystery and loose plot threads. To use Alien as an example as I brought up Prometheus; it wasn't necessary to explain what the Space Jockey was in the movie Alien.. it was irrelevant to the plot. Just like how it was irrelevant to show Batman's training and all that. His parents murder was a part of the plot (the whole investigation by Vicki), so you couldn't leave it a loose end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
I have to agree. As far as I know The Joker had his big comeback in the 70s. And this was the time "the battle of wists" was invented. In the 60s he was just a harmless prank. He became big in the 70s. And the Joker of the 70s and 80s is still my favorite interpretation of the character. I hate what he became nowadays (especially the Leatherface look).
I was talking about Freeze...

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote