View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #115
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Yeah, I couldn't see Charlize ever doing it. Well, certainly not with that excuse of a character in FC. January was bad, but the script was so one-note, anyway. Charlize would never agree to a role that lacking in depth and screentime.

She would be the perfect Emma though, no doubt. She has everything Emma needs. The looks, the wit, the ice maiden thing, but not so cold that she's a chore to watch.
I heard that Matthew Vaughn wanted Emma to be the way January portrayed her - a sort of detached coldness. I also didn't think January Jones was 'wooden' throughout the film, although the actress doesn't have much range and - let's face it, here - she wasn't cast for outstanding, Oscar-worthy acting skills. (EDIT: or maybe she was cast on the basis of her various awards and nominations for hit show Mad Men).

I saw it as the introduction of the character, at that point under the thumb of Sebastian Shaw (as we saw when he had her fetch him some ice).

I wonder if there will be any explanation for the absence of Magneto's team as seen at the end of First Class. After all, he did go to break her out of the CIA cell at the end of the movie. XM:FC and DoFP won't flow very well together if there's a leap of 11 years with no mention of what has happened to characters in all those years. It's like there's another, as-yet-unmade movie detailing events between 1962 and 1973.

I also hope we might get to see Emma Frost again someday, even if an older (and thus recast) version. Both Ms Frost and the Hellfire Club as a whole are too good to cast aside.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 04-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.