View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #49
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Agreed. And to Angamb's point, there is a strong need to make the films look amazing too--not discounting that at all. I just don't think a flashy film in itself is a guarantee to box office success either. It's really a combination of all of those elements.

Remember Battleship?
I don't think you can really compare Battleship to X-Men simply because X-Men is already an established film series. But DOFP has to be as good as X2/first Class to earn strong legs at the box-office.

Then with The Wolverine, it doesn't really have a big competition, its the only major film that is opening in its first weekend. The other major releases in July 2013 are Despicable Me, Lone Ranger, Growns Up, Pacific Rim, Red 2, and RIPD. I don't see any of those films being so successful that it would steal Wolverine's thunder at the box-office. Then with the August 2013 releases, I don't think any of them would hurt the box-office performance of The Wolverine.

Then next year, I don't think Malificent, Hercules, Guardians of the Galaxy and Jupiter Ascending will be a box-office threat to DOFP.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018