View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #73
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Those are all good points. However they can be easily foiled by one simple logic: many audiences are tired of Wolverine/Hugh Jackman. He's become the Beyonce of the X-Men and he's at the point of overexposure.

XOW was a warning in my opinion. Yeah, fans here blame the dissapointing box office on TLS and the leaked footage, yadda, yadda, yadda, but if the film was great and audiences still loved him the same, the repeat viewings would've showed the proof in the pudding.

This next Wolverine film will tell the tale. However, if it doesn't perform as well as expected, I wouldn't take that as an indication of what's to come for DoFP. Even FOX knows that Wolverine by himself is simply not enough. That's why the first film was stuffed wit Deadpool, Gambit and every other possible mutant cameo and this one is featuring Jean Grey.

Successful solo characters like Iron Man and Captain America have never had to lean so heavily on other factors like Wolverine.
Good points as well, but I think the bolded part was by far the movie's biggest problem. Solo Wolverine probably can sell tickets, but the studio had no faith. And now they're doing more of a solo Wolverine movie, but it may be too late.

What concerns me now is that the trailer to The Wolverine didn't look that good IMO. Instead of an introspective tale of honor and battling your demons, it looks like a typical Japanese gangster story with Wolverine included.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote