View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #83
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I'm not sure that XMO:W and Cap is a fair comparison. Wolverine was following the highest grossing X film to date, and if I am remembering correctly, was the only superhero film released that summer. Cap introduced a new hero in a unique WW2 setting with Howard Stark as the only previously established character. Cap 2 will give us a better indication of Cap's big screen popularity as compared to Wolvie.

A list, B list, C list.... none of that matters. Disney/Marvel will be loading up stores with Rocket stuffed animals and Groot action figures, putting racks of GOTG t shirts in major retailers, and they may even wrap another monorail. DOFP will have no retail presence. I think kids will react much more strongly to this film than the seventh X Men installment, and it should be a close race between the two.

Frankly, I was surprised Cap did as well as it did.
I didn't mean to knock Cap down a notch. The movie doing so well was a testament to what a generally good film-making, reputation, and brand name can do for a pretty cheesy concept. It did well and deserved it. I just don't want to get carried away...