View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #94
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
So to pretend that all variables are equal and that X-Men Origin's poor performance is due to audiences simply being burned out on the actor they helped turn into an international superstar just two films earlier is a pretty bold statement.
It's not a bold statement at all. I'm speaking about how I think audiences--including the fanboy community--feel NOW.

Do you sense overall hype and excitement about Wolverine--which is dropping THIS SUMMER? I certainly don't. None of my friends, coworkers, etc. give a damn. It reads like something they've seen before. The trailer seems to have done little to ignite the base, BMM. And general audiences are all about that Iron Man and Man Of Steel anyway.

You only get so many chances in this industry. XOW was a poor film but unfortunately it came behind another mediocre X-film--that he was the lead in. When you add the variables up--as you put it--the sum results in the audience's lack of support for XFC. And that film's under-performance will have a bearing on this upcoming Wolverine film.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.