View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #103
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Actually, no, you are talking about how audiences felt then--not now. Otherwise, your argument doesn't make sense. You're claiming Wolverine fatigue is the main reason for X-Men Origins' poor performance relative to that of Captain America. I don't think that's the case. I think there are a lot of reasons why X-Men Origins performed poorly, but it wasn't because audiences were tired of Jackman.
The original context of the conversation is about the future Wolverine film and how it will impact DoFP. I do believe that audiences are fatigued on the character NOW due to overexposure from the first solo film and the subsequent appearances everywhere else--plus the trilogy domination. And yes, I do believe that audiences were turned off on him during XOW's initial run--which is partly demonstrated by its lack of legs in theaters. I've never felt overexposure was the only reason for its under performance (it was a genuinely bad film), but by the same token, I know a lot of people who did not check it out because he wasn't "with" the X-Men. He performs best when with his ensemble.