View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #110
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

For me, its pretty obvious which comic-books films in 2014 will make more money. Last year, I knew The Avengers was gonna earn money than The Dark knight Rises (I couldn't believe when Box Office Mojo predicted that TDKR would earn money than the Avengers). And I also knew the Amazing Spider-Man wasn't gonna earn more money than the original trilogy.

Days of Future Past has a big advantage not just because its already the 7th film in the series but it is the 1st cross-over movie in the series and will feature the return of the original cast and it will also feature giant robots!!!. The 3D release is just the icing on the cake.

With Guardians of the Galaxy, it has a TV actor playing the lead role - totally not comparable to Robert Downey Jr. Its completely unknown to the general public. The director of the film is not even well-known. Plus the August release date is not gonna make it a big blockbuster movie. The only thing that is going on for the movie is its part of MCU.

Then with Captain America 2, its gonna perform like the average spring movie. Even if it performs like Fast Five, its not enough to outgross DOFP. I just don't see GOTG and Cap 2 outgrossing DOFP. Maybe in domestic box-office they could, but worldwide, I don't think so.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.