View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #112
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Harvey being alive would've made much more sense. I love the scene where Bane reads Gordon's letter to the people of Gotham but it has one big problem: What evidence does Bane have that what he is saying is true? He has none. Why would anyone believe the terrorist with the atom bomb?

The only way that scene would've made sense was if Bane pulled out an alive Harvey Dent out of Blackgate and showed his true colors to the people of Gotham or if he had Gordon captive and made him admit everything.
I completely disagree. I think in the court of public opinion you tend to be guilty until proven innocent. That is to say, people tend to be willing to believe things if they're bad, especially when it comes to saint-like politicians. We're conditioned to buy into scandals.

The people who joined Bane's revolution were ready to revolt regardless (a small overall fraction of Gotham's population, many of them the freed prisoners). Bane was sealing the deal with the speech. You don't know that EVERYbody in Gotham believed what he said. I think most of Gotham didn't know what to think and were just trying to stay safe.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 04-08-2013 at 11:28 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote