View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #732
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I think if you took The Dark Knight Trilogy as a whole, and made it a comic book series, or a series of three graphic novels to make a comic trilogy, you'd have the greatest incarnation of Batman in comics. Or at least The Dark Knight alone would be perhaps the greatest Batman story published.

The Batman Begins comic adaptation obviously doesn't count - I'm talking a full graphic novel.

To me, that's what separates Nolan's trilogy more than other comic book films. I'd actually say this version is neck-and-neck with B:TAS as THE defining version of the character. That's a bold statement, but I feel Nolan/Bale just simply nailed it.
I agree with this. To me The Dark Knight Trilogy is the greatest, most complete Batman tale ever told. BTAS is like something parallel to the comics itself, it's too vast to be considered "one" story, but it exists as a wholly definitive Bat-universe.

But in terms of story, TDK trilogy nails it. You could adapt the story of these three movies to any medium and I'd love it. A graphic novel like you said, a video game- heck, make an animated version of the trilogy in the Timm-verse. You really can't go wrong, it's just three really strong Batman stories that showcase a wide range of emotions, characters and genres, but in the end form a coherent whole.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote