View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #119
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I can buy that in a usual court situation. I'm not sure I can buy that in this particular situation. You have a terrorist that just reads a letter he pulls out of his pocket and everyone just believes him? It isn't so much that Bane just reveals the truth, but that he also presents the letter as solid evidence of the cover-up which is how he justifies breaking everyone out of Blackgate to the people of Gotham.
I'm saying it's the type of thing that people who want to believe it would believe. Just take a look around at all the conspiracy theorists there are in the world. Some revolutionary coming out and exposing a martyred politician as murderer is like brain-candy for certain types of people. I'm saying it would have had the same effect even if Bane was just flat out telling lies about Dent, or smearing his name in other ways (in some alternate reality where he stayed the white knight).

Yeah, it's somewhat of a stretch mostly because Bane seems like this horrific monster that wouldn't have anyone in Gotham's best interest at heart, but at the same time in their minds if he was there to blow them all away he could've just done that to begin with. At the end of the day he's just telling the disenfranchised that now is their time to step up and he's protecting them from the outside world so they can do what they want. He knows he's not going to appeal to ALL of Gotham.

"Step forward those who would serve..."

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote