View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #124
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I see some fans are treating this movie as a normal x-men sequel, and the fact is in fact It Isnt.

Its an event movie, combining actors from both series, including the return of original actors after all these years. That will have an impact, even if some fans dont think so. Not to mention the long awaited Sentinels and 3D.
Well, they'll have to work on convincing the public and press that this is not another X-Men movie. Because in the articles I've seen it's still referred to as the follow-up to First Class a lot - I suspect because it's the latest X-Men movie that's freshest in press people's minds. Other than this forum and quotes from filmmakers, I've seen very little of the "huge event movie" speak in the coverage so far, despite the presence of the original actors.

Plus, "both series" is a bit of a stretch IMO. First Class was a prequel which was mostly about the young characters from the original series - who look to be the only ones to be in DoFP. It's not like they're combining two completely different series about completely different characters.