View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Arkham Origins Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I think it is beyond stupid for have Arkham in the title. Having it in the title of the first 2 games made sense from a story point of view. In this case, it makes no sense whatsoever why Arkham would be in the title other than because WB thinks the game somehow won't sell.

I really fear that this game is mainly being made just to capitalize off Batman's popularity in the video games. My theory is that Rocksteady is working on a big Batman game that is a sequel to AC for the next-gen but needs more time on it so WB decided to release something this year they can make money out of while Rocksteady continues working on the game they're working on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and doesn't automatically mean the game will suck but it is a red flag for obvious reasons and things like Arkham in the title, Rocksteady & Paul Dini not being involved, and the game being announced so late all points to this theory possibly being true.

As for what we've seen of it, I do think the game looks good so far. I love the visuals and the whole concept for the story. I also think the idea of the story taking place on Christmas Eve is great, especially since I probably won't be able to play this game till Christmas Eve . I think Batman looks great but Deathstroke's mask bugs me. Something about his masks gives me the vibe that he was pulled straight out of a half-ass game made by a developer like Activision. The way that mask just sits on his face makes his face look oddly-shaped. It doesn't look like the shape of a head that a normal looking human in this universe would have.
Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. But I guess we'll have to see whether or not Arkham is ultimately relevant to the to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Now this I am excited for. Can't ****ing wait. I loved the first two games.

And yes, the Arkham games are way better than Nolan's overrated political thrillers masquerading as Batman.
And hey, the Arkham games wouldn't exist if it weren't for Nolan's overrated political thrillers. Guess you have something to thank the Vest for, eh?

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 04-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote