View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #125
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why would he be doing that? That's not the way he runs.
That's not what I said.

Quote:
It's unavoidable? Am I reading this right?
Even the ultimate do-gooder can still have a relationship with a woman especially if he loves her.

Quote:
The most they're going to have Cap do in this film is kiss Sharon. That's it. End of story.
It's possible, but at least give the impression that he doesn't have to be some puritanical monk about their relationship.

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing up the comics? This is a film adaptation we're talking about.
Because Cap being the ultimate good guy and do-gooder has NEVER made him an abstinent character or kept him from sleeping with women.

The fact that he has to be abstinent to maintain his good guy, do-gooder status IMHO is an antiquated notion.

It's unavoidable IMHO because I don't think good guys should be forced to live like monks and without passion in their lives. Batman eventually slept with Talia, I mean she was a bad guy who was trying to manipulate him, but he still had feelings for her and slept with her. Then he gets into a relationship with Catwoman.

Tony Stark is now in a monogamous relationship with Pepper, and I think that's good.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote