View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Best to watch the trilogy as Bond films, not Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Yeah, and he was probably a drinker and a fiend as well. Who cares? What matters is what he personally achieved.
Which was nothing compared to what Bill Finger achieved but the credit for that was stolen by Kane.

So when you bring up Kane's opinion, how shall I put this, why should anyone care what a glory hogging liar thinks?

Quote:
But I digress. Nolan's take is what is popular right now. Everybody is going to be jumping on the bandwagon.
Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
Opinions, even of 'notable people' are meaningless.
So anyone who loves Nolan's movies, their opinions should be disregarded just because you say so?

Quote:
What exactly are you trying to prove?
That some of the best talent in the Batman field loved Nolan's Batman movies. So his method of doing a comic book movie can't be as "wrong" as the OP was claiming.

Quote:
This is argumentum ad verecundiam (argument based on authority), it's a fallacious method of debate.
No, calling people like Bruce Timm and Co. sycophants, and dismissing everyone's pro Nolan opinion is a fallacious method of debate. Making up false personal statements on behalf of actors and directors is a fallacious method of debate.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote