View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #604
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I agree with all of that PP. No objection from me.

And as I said regwec, there were ways she could have sidestepped the issue while still being diplomatic if she didn't feel that way about Anne's ability. She could have just said, "I can't wait to see her in the role, I love that character and can't wait to see how they reinvent it", etc. etc. But she went the extra mile and specifically mentioned her ability to go dark places, her ability to do comedy, the fact that she thought she had all the right tools to do the part justice and that she was a big fan of her. There is a difference there. If it came across as an obligatory professional courtesy to me, I wouldn't have referenced it in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say "because Pfeiffer said this, it's true and Anne is good!". That's not the point at all. It's just about certain people in this thread needing a wake up call and realizing that just because they think Hathaway is a bad actress doesn't mean other people (with talent and good taste) feel the same *cough OutRiddled*. I like Pfieffer a lot, in part because she does seem quite genuine to me. Which, ironically, is precisely what a lot of Anne Hathaway haters feel Anne isn't.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote