View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #704
Alex_Spider
Banned User

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
LOL--good call.

I'm in the mental health field, and we are given new information on both prescription and recreational drugs on a constant basis. I've had access to dozens of studies and been a part of numerous MI cases where the patient was a marijuana user. So I've seen the data and the first-hand evidence.
Who conducted these studies and what was the report for the narijuana users?
You might be in the mental health field but you are still subjected to studies and directives of great corporate interests, so i am not sure how real is the information they provide you with.

Quote:
Moreover, I've seen every single disorder/medical problem you mentioned exacerbated by marijuana and I've seen some of the synthetic versions make people suicidal. MI and recreational drug use don't mix.
Are you certain those disorders/medical problems are coming solely from the use of marijuana? Of course the synthetic versions do harm as much every synthetic product.

Quote:
It's naive to think that there aren't people who have done just as much research as you but come to different conclusions. I also think you are misunderstanding my position. I don't feel that pot should be illegal indefinitely, but I do feel that drug-related offenses aren't properly discouraged/punished. The law needs overhauling in that aspect before another legal drug is added to society.
The point is who benefits from that research and what implications are hidden behind the scenes. It's a very complex world and often we forget that there are many strings attached in the shadows. Simply put the official medical establishment wouldn't post a study that would harm the market and the big pharma's profits.