View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #49
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Super-soldier Action Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Yeah and I'm not trying to change your opinion, I'm trying to understand it. You seem to expect a lot more of Cap than what is realistic. I'm pretty sure everyone here wants to see Cap doing more super soldier type things in fights. But what's the problem with him using his upper body strength to open a locked door or using his leg strength to leap high? If you look at it as just a typical display of his ability instead of a moment that's supposed to be a highlight then there should be no issue. I understand that this is the "Super-soldier Action Thread" but does everything he does that's not your idea of super soldier action automatically become lame?

I'd be okay with those, if he also did more jaw-dropping feats in addition to them. Instead, we keep getting "meh" things like that.

Yes, moments like that are lame to me. That's just what I think. It doesn't have to become automatically lame to everyone else just because I think so. Perhaps I'll look back on those moments and like them more than I do now, after Cap has done some outrageous super-soldier feats in future movies. But for now, I'm just not feeling them because I know Cap can do more than that. What I'm expecting out of this character is very realistic when you consider who I'm talking about. Like another poster here mentioned, I want to see Cap doing more feats like the ones in this video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I don't think that's asking too much at all. Cap is capable of doing that and a lot more. Imagine how much the theater would explode if Cap was doing things like that in a movie. If you still don't understand where I'm coming from, I can't help you man.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-10-2013 at 09:47 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote