View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
MCU
Side-Kick

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I disagree with some of the assessments above. Morris Chestnut is actually a very versatile actor. I watched him as a regular on both seasons of "V" and he was brilliant. On top of that, he is amazing with action scenes and fight sequences--he would totally bring the level of bad assery needed for BP. Women of all kinds adore him, and as was mentioned, he's a staple in Black American films, so that demographic would certainly come out to support him.

And, he definitely has the look:

He's definitely not what I would choose for BP--I'd prefer someone with more true native African sensibilities, versus Americanized "Hollywood Black"--but to say he's not an "inspired casting choice" (if it proves to be true) would be incorrect.
I also think Chesnut isn't a bad choice. My top pick? No. But he's a good actor actually who has been waiting for a star vehicle. This could be it. The only trouble is, BP has to have an African Accent whether its a true accent or acted, it needs to be there. I don't no if Chestnut can pull that accent off though.