View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #61
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Super-soldier Action Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
This is exactly what I'm trying to say. Those are not moments that need to be taken as action moments, they're simple displays of power, and they're good in that regard. If you take those as the extent of Cap's powers of course they seem lackluster. But if you take them for what they are, it makes no sense why they'd be lackluster.
What they are is MCU Cap, in a life or death situation going all out. As far as we (and especially the non-comicked audience) know in the MCU, they are the extend of Cap's powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Are you tired of seeing Iron Man fly or Thor summon his hammer? Just because it's something the character does often doesn't make it "lame" or "lackluster" If Cap's not doing any thing super-soldiery at the moment, I'm completely fine with him at least jumping high or showing his strength. Not every moment can be epic.
Man, can you imagine if the most impressive thing Iron Man did was fly, or the most impressive thing Thor did was summon his hammer? If that was their big impressive signature move. Would Iron Man fans and Thor fans be completely fine with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Interesting.
Fixed. Good fight. Further proof money is not the issue, but one's perspective on the character is. And here's the ending:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Another thing I think which will make Cap 2 more awesome is the fact that the bad guy will be awesome. Part of TFA's weaknesses was our introduction to Red Skull was him running off with his tail between his legs... he never really got to be credible after that. With Winter Soldier being so boss, even in concept art, we know that they'll bring Cap up to that level and a bit beyond it to beat him. When you make a great bad guy, you don't have them trip over a cube and end up sending themselves into the cosmos as a 'big finish.'

I'll try to find some more videos of awesomeness later.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote