View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #748
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerk View Post
Yeah I gotta disagree on the Blake/Bridge scene. I've sat through three movies of developing Bruce/Batman/Gordon- we're at the "final battle," Im ungodly hungry to see Batman rip Bane to shreds & see how Gordon will stop the bomb....... and we cut to the orphans.

I mean, I dont know what else Nolan shouldve done with Blake besides maybe having him fight alongside Batman (which even I admit would've been out of place and too convenient), but I feel as if that took away from the final assault's pacing.

But I wouldve cut Blake/Talia from the movie altogether, so Im pretty biased here.
The problem with Blake is that unlike Bruce Blake didn't need Batman. When you see Bruce in BB he is a broken shell of a man. Angry, bitter, and an almost murder. Batman redeemed Bruce and Bruce was able to find something worth living for in the icon of Batman, and in turn that icon rescued Bruce from death itself. Blake didn't have that. When we first meet him he has everything together, He lost his parents but he wasn't the empty shell that Bruce was. Blake didn't do anything to earn or NEED the role of Batman. He literal exisisted to just so they could hand off the bat suit to him. He's a lame character IMO and an example of awful writing.