View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #117
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ No need to be so inflammatory. But why should it be either/or? Could it be that Clark starts out rather broody and emotional because he has to "hide himself" for most of his life, had his original parents die, is repressed because he'd be too dangerous if he lost his temper against humans, only to become less stressed and more lighthearted as he embraces the role of Superman?

The thing is he can't spend the whole movie being "classic" Superman. He has to get there first.
I'm being brutally honest. Singer already tried to revive Superman of the 80s into the 00s, and it didn't work. The audience doesn't want a 'perfect' or classic boyscout. Clark needs to be more relatable to the casual fans. Now that doesn't mean Goyer, Snyder and Nolan used Bruce Wayne as a template for Clark Kent but feeling anger and sorrow are crucial emotions for the character. It makes him appear vulnerable.

The comments regarding how Clark will be 'darker' in this film should be taken more lightly than fans are anticipating.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."