View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #425
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Keaton was amazing as Batman.

I know people weren't struck on his Bruce Wayne portrayal.
But I think his entire transition between characters and portrayal was nothing short of amazing.
Same with Chris Reeve as Clark/Superman.

Keaton portrayed a socially awkward Bruce, like Reeve portrayed Clark.

But what was great about Keaton is that he played a realistic take on Bruce. A guy who spent of his time alone. By himself. Only coming out in his element. ..a different person...with one thing on his mind. Beat the scum that took my family from me.

He's that man. And when he's around other people as himself. ..he doesn't know what to do or say, so he comes off like an awkward shy teen. He's nervous. Because he's talking to normal people. He's hardly ever around outside company and he doesn't how to handle himself, so he's a clutz and stimbles with his words.

He's only ever himself around Alfred...but even then, he's a clutz around him at times. Because he's not used to doing normal or saying regular things.

You get a laugh out of Keaton in those scenes. But see that and knowing what he's portraying, then looking at Batman. Nothing short of brilliant!

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated