View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #35
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
And why are you already acting like this is a film that's already plagued with bad buzz?? It's quite the contrary actually.... it's only been positives for so long. A little bad buzz will be forgotten in no time at all.
I never said that the film is "already plagued with bad buzz". I stated that bad buzz is the last thing this film needs.

Halle Berry's Storm is just such a controversial sore spot for fans of this franchise. It's like this gigantic scab that won't heal properly. Comments like the ones Halle made today "pick" at that scab, making it raw all over again.

For example, she'll get on talk shows and say s*** like, "Fans really love my depiction of Storm" when in reality most people hate her portrayal of the character. And it just makes everyone hate her more. For someone like me--who is a huge Storm fan--it's quite irritating to see my most beloved character constantly being dragged through unneccessary stuff like this...and so consistently at that.

From statements like "I've been reduced to playing comic characters" to today's comments, Halle just keeps saying stuff that basically shoves a stick in the fan beehive.