View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I never said that the film is "already plagued with bad buzz". I stated that bad buzz is the last thing this film needs.
I guess it's just phrasing. It just made me think you were disappointed with a lot of things (which you might be! haha who knows, right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Halle Berry's Storm is just such a controversial sore spot for fans of this franchise. It's like this gigantic scab that won't heal properly. Comments like the ones Halle made today "pick" at that scab, making it raw all over again.

For example, she'll get on talk shows and say s*** like, "Fans really love my depiction of Storm" when in reality most people hate her portrayal of the character. And it just makes everyone hate her more. For someone like me--who is a huge Storm fan--it's quite irritating to see my most beloved character constantly being dragged through unneccessary stuff like this...and so consistently at that.

From statements like "I've been reduced to playing comic characters" to today's comments, Halle just keeps saying stuff that basically shoves a stick in the fan beehive.

I'll definitely give you this one. She doesn't always come across as... informed during interviews. I think we're just going to have to live with the fact that she's kind a cringe-worthy actress, at least when it comes to interviews. But that comic book statement was pretty old and she seems to have really become enlightened since.

Did you catch her little joke on Leno (I think)? They asked her what she liked about playing Storm and she said "well the royalty checks ain't bad!". She was obviously joking but still... Jesus, woman.