View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #83
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I was just thinking. I fully expect each Iron Man 3, CA:TWS and Thor:TDW to be better films than their respective prequels (not including The Avengers). I realized this sets me up for some significant disappointment... But they all just seem so much more capable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Plus my major problems with all three franchises are looking like they are getting cleaned up. I hope I'm not wrong.

Thor - not enough action, not enough gruff dirty vikingness, not enough norse feel. Even his costume is looking more exciting to me.

Iron Man - Not enough focus on Iron Man (mostly blaming this on IM2) and finally a really great villain (IM and IM2 are both to blame imo)

Cap - Cramming cap's origin into one film was too much. Now that that's out of the way, we could get a solid film that delves deep into the MCU. And please god not another 3 minute musical montage.
It'll be crucial to see if they can get the balance right with IM3, the first solo sequel since IM2. Marvel has yet to deliver a truly great non-origin movie (I'm counting Avengers as an origin movie). I really do believe Feige when he says that each of these solo sequels will intentionally focus on the main character's own story and world, and adequately separating him from the broader scope of the MCU.

Cap 2 might be the trickiest in this respect since he'll be working closely with SHIELD, but given the characters they are introducing/reintroducing (Bucky, Zola, Falcon, Agent 13, Crossbones, Batroc), I can see TWS carving out a nice little new world for Cap and his own family of characters. Plus the source material is absolutely central to Cap's ongoing journey, and scale-wise even smaller than CA:TFA.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote