View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Darkseid can be used in a Superman movie!

Q: How awesome is Darkseid as a fixture in a supehero universe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sims
The more I think about Darkseid -- which is often -- the more I'm convinced that he's inextricably tied into Superman and how he works, and that's actually not something I was initially too keen on. I prefer to think of Darkseid first and foremost as a villain for the entire DC Universe, then as the ultimate evil of the Fourth World Saga, and only then, as a distant third, as one of Superman's enemies. But really, that's a view of things that's on some pretty shaky ground right from the start.

For one thing, it's pretty hard to argue that he's not a "Superman villain" when his first appearance is in an issue of Jimmy Olsen and he hasn't really done much for the past 25 years other than show up and throw down with the Last Son of Krypton. Even if he's an opponent for the entire DC Universe, the entire DC Universe orbits around Superman. He's the foundation upon which everything else is built, but it's more than that. It has to do with how they're constructed, and how they're set up in direct opposition to each other, even when they've got their own stuff going on. When you look at it that way, what it really comes down to is freedom.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote