View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #200
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: What Nolan does poorest. Villain Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Since we are talking about questionable editing, was it just me or during the beginning of the movie where Daggett says "it was good of you to let me on the grounds" right after he says that it goes directly to the next scene. Even on my first viewing of TDKR that cut seemed extremely off.
That edit is basically to intercut between actions that are happening at the same time. That his way of positioning time in both moments. And so he transitions , as BatLobsterRises, splitting between image and sound for the transition. So we start with her , we hear the other scene (someone speaking) starts before transition , scene plays out , cuts back to her , and he employs the same technique again (this time what triggers the transition is Alfred's voice...and it happens even another time when it goes outside to Foley).

I would say it was an easy way to intercut scenes that weren't very strong (also with the outside ) , and at the same time to define parallel actions (in time). With the scenes playing out completely and individually (her climbing with total silence , and the little dialog between alfred , miranda and the australian guy , and a little scene with the cops) maybe the pacing would be a little off. Hard to say without seeing it like that. Also it mixes well knowing that Bruce's is hold up in there (dagget says that) and so it contextualizes the space and action of Cat's going there alone , in silence.

Last edited by Tequilla; 04-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote