View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
She looks very obviously pregnant. The clothes don't help, as her sweater ends just where the pregnancy bulge starts - made more conspicuous by the lighting. The look of a bulging waistline (and being overweight in general) is very different from a pregnancy bump.
Well some women do look pregnant when in fact they're just fat and have a pot belly. It's always a tricky issue to ask them when they're expecting in case they get insulted.

As for Halle, maybe the best thing would be a fat suit though that doesn't show any discernable bump. If they filmed her now when she's still relatively slimmer, that could be the future scenes where she's restored back to her normal self. Then when she gets more pregnant, this could be the dystopian future where she has let herself go and put on weight.

It would at least add to the impact of showing how deteriorated things have become. Of course, other X-Men would need to have various problems too (eg drug addiction, alcoholism, homelessness etc) so that it's not Storm who is the only one.

I don't think they'd go down this route, but it would be more daring if they did, and would take the X-Men movies into more adult themes and territory.