View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #775
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Well technically he didn't know she was after Shreck until the Masquerade Ball and they found out each other's identities, just after she whipped out a gun and said she was going to kill Max.
Nothing to argue about here. I just didn't have time to type in a detailed response. The guy above said, "I liked the chemistry between the two of them, i just didn't buy catwoman having a real/legitimate grudge against batman at any point though." So I pointed one.

Quote:
Her vendetta against Batman, it seemed to stem from a hardcore feminist attitude against men in general:
I think, her criminal behavior stemmed from it. Batman was just one of many. Initially. But she managed to know more about who Batman really is, and it changed her attitude towards him.

Quote:
So when Batman napalmed her arm and knocked her off a building, she took it as personally as she did when Schreck knocked her out of a window. Don't forget she was clearly mentally unstable by now, too. I mean she gave herself a "bath" in front of the Penguin by licking herself all over like she was an actual cat cleaning itself.
Yep, it was the point, when she decided to find an ally. Some men proved to be tougher than she expected.

I don't get why people keep clinging on the topic about Catwoman's mental instability in BR. How is Two-Face, Batman, Joker or any other super-villain in Gotham mentally stable? Gotham is a madhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Batman killing people when there's no choice (Ra's killed himself by destroying the controls so he can't stop it, Two Face had a kid at gunpoint, Talia and the thugs had a bomb that was going to destroy the city in a few minutes, what else was he supposed to do?) is different than things like shoving a bomb in the thug's pants and knocking him down the hole.
Yep, that's why his code about not killing is a mess. Why introduce this idea at all, when Batman constantly breaks his code for all kinds of reasons. It looks stupid and unnecessary. Vigilante is a vigilante.

Regarding that bomb in Batman Returns. It was an effective solution to the problem. Cops shoot people to death if somebody points even a toy gun at them. But when army of thugs turn streets into ruins with dynamite, rocket launchers (!!!) and hand grenades, when they shoot at people and so on, I don't see any reason for trying to be noble and merciful. They got what they deserved.

Last edited by OutOfBoose; 04-15-2013 at 03:49 AM.
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote