View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #777
milost
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

You might want to go back and edit your posts OutOfBoose, some of those quotes are from multiple posters. You put words in Joker's mouth.

Regarding your post,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post

I think, her criminal behavior stemmed from it. Batman was just one of many. Initially. But she managed to know more about who Batman really is, and it changed her attitude towards him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Regarding that bomb in Batman Returns. It was an effective solution to the problem. Cops shoot people to death if somebody points even a toy gun at them. But when army of thugs turn streets into ruins with dynamite, rocket launchers (!!!) and hand grenades, when they shoot at people and so on, I don't see any reason for trying to be noble and merciful. They got what they deserved.

When we got on this subject, I actually looked at the script at these two moments to see what was in there (I tend to do that with all the Batman films, I'm always intrigued with the scripts for all of them, especially TDKR).

I thought this was interesting, they should have left some of these exchanges in (then again, I understand the reasoning behind limiting what Batman says considering Michael Keaton trimmed out most of his lines since he thought Batman would "never say this" and wanted to keep a low-key, cold demeanor),

The Tattooed Strongman swaggers out behind Batman and unleashes a savage kidney punch.

Batman painfully reels forward, keeping balance.

TATTOOED STRONGMAN

"Before I kill you, I"ll let you hit me. Hit me. Come on, hit as hard as you can. I need a good laugh."

Batman punches the Strongman's face. The Tattooed leviathan roars with laughter.

TATTOOED STRONGMAN

"You call that a ..."

The Tattooed Strongman stops laughing when he looks down and sees that Batman has attached the Thin Clown's bomb to the Not-so-Strongman's leopard skin. Batman gives him a calm, firm push into an open manhole.

Batman going pursuing Catwoman is pretty self-explanatory though, he just saw her flip out of Shrek's leveled department store, none of these lines between them are really needed, but,

EXT. BUILDING ROOFTOP--NIGHT

Batman storms up the last of the fire escape and passes Catwoman, curled atop a rooftop power shack. When she speaks, Batman turns to see her slink down.

CATWOMAN

"Where's the fire?"

BATMAN

"'Shreck's.' You --
"

Catwoman launches a brutal kick in Batman's face. Batman vibrates back a few steps,

Catwoman spins, pounding Batman off the ledge. Then lashes out her whip, coiling it around Batman's flapping arm. With both hands, she jerks him up. Lashes her end of the whip to a weather vane.

CATWOMAN

"As I was saying: I'm a woman, and can't be taken for granted. Are you listening.

BATMAN

(grimaces)

"Hanging on every word."

CATWOMAN

"Good joke. Wanna hear another one? The world tells boys to conquer the world, and girls to wear clean panties. A man dressed as a bat is a he-man, but a woman dressed as a cat is a she-devil. I'm just living down to my expectations. Life's a ***** -- now so am I. She runs her talons over the whip-lifeline.

Meantime with his free arm, Batman reaches into his utility belt and pulls out a plastic mini-test tube with a blue fluid on top, red fluid on the bottom, separated by a thin barrier.

BATMAN

A "he-man"? Sure. They shine that beacon in the sky, then wonder what hole I crawl out of.

CATWOMAN

"Wow, a real response and you're not even trying to get into my tights. But explain me ... If you're so down on "them" out there, why bust your ass to protect them?"

BATMAN

"I just can't sleep at night. Exploding department stores keep me up."

He snaps the tube. As the blue seeps into the red and the tube slowly glows purple ...

CATWOMAN

"I can't sleep either, lately. There's alittle link, between us. But bottom line, you live to preserve the peace, and I'm dying to disturb it. That could put a strain on our relationship.
"

Last edited by milost; 04-15-2013 at 12:02 AM.
milost is offline   Reply With Quote