View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #154
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComicFan View Post
I really want to see a Batman film where all the villains already exist. I'm tired of the superhero formula where there is only one or a certain collection of villains attacking the city per film. This is done in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE.

I'd like the next Batman movie to show Batman in a world where it is clear that there are threats everywhere.... no more villain origins. Write a story like the Arkham City videogame where multiple villains are involved... no origins, they already exist, and none of them die or are killed off...

Basically, I'm tired of Batman movies where Batman is having "first-time-meetings" to his villains. I want a Batman movie where Batman already fully knows who Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Manbat, Clayface, Riddler, etc already are, he's fought them all already...

So not every villain needs to be in the movie, but villains not shown on-screen can be referenced, or acknowledged, so Batman's world can finally feel FULL, and TEEMING with a collection of adversarys.

Nolan seemed to want to fill Batman's world with interesting characters, but he still killed Ras, Two-Face, and the Joker disappeared....
This is exactly what I want to see in this series. It should start off a couple of years into Batmans journey, but he's met almost every villain and character. Dick Grayson hasn't arrived in his life yet, and maybe 1 key villain like Hugo Strange, inside Arkham, is somebody he hasn't been exposed to yet but everyone else have their origins behind them.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote