View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #146
roach
I am the night

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Saw this the other day with a friend, who did not like it one bit and I dislike it more and more I see it. My main complaints: 1. The biggest I have is that the story or lack thereof is ass. There is nothing here, now I know they need a simple story for this movie because of all the characters but this simple? eh. 2. The dialogue, its so corny and a lot of it is cringe worthy, this is a movie that isn't going to hold up well when it comes to that. 3. Lack of anything good for Thor and Captain America, its obvious that Whedon likes to write for Tony Stark because its easy and he probably wanted to be up to the challenge of making The Hulk good but he doesn't seem to care too much about Captain America and Thor because they do almost nothing in this movie. They should have some of the best action but yet when you get to the final battle who is it focused on? Iron Man, Hulk, and Black Widow. 4. Lack of tension in the final battle. There is absolutely none. Yeah I understand that they imply that the aliens kill lots of people but yet everytime we see the aliens get close to a human they miss every shot or for convenience of plot take them hostage for absolutely no reason. 5. Loki is a boring villain and does nothing for me. His plot is dumb, his intentions are dumb, and they completely destroy everything his character has worked for in 2 movies for just a stupid joke. 6. Needing Coulson's death to inspire them to work together. Really? The fate of the world isn't inspiration enough. Some heroes they are. 7. The final battle is nice candy but they never are really fighting together, the supposed amazing tracking shot had some awful awful cg and it takes me out immediately, not too mention the aliens are very very meh and decent cg but nothing special. Thus I thought it went on for too long. Plus the whole nuke thing was beyond moronic, I mean really just ugh stupid. I would have preferred a big showdown with a single bad guy or 2 going against the group.

I first gave this movie a 9/10 because I like everyone was head over heels for the last half hour but as I see this more and more ugh its nothing special. 7/10
the only character that gets an arc is Tony and its a false arc...it's mentioned that Tony would never sacrifice himself to win....yet that is what he did in Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote