View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #231
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if their movies turned out to be great, they wouldn't sell like a Spider-Man movie or an Iron Man movie or a X-Men movie.
You don't know that. Your assuming just as much as I am. Look what happened with Iron Man. A movie starring an actor who didn't have a movie gross 100 mil since the 80s and a Marvel character who was always said not to be as marketable as Batman or Spidey is now just as bankable. Fury and Widow are built into the most famous and successful comic franchise ever for films. By a really big amount too. Theres no doubt Black Widow and Nick Fury are two extremely popular characters that everyone is aware of now. X-Men has never made close to a billion like Avengers, Bats or Spidey has but I wouldnt lower their status because of it. I think they are capable and just as marketable. Your basing some of these characters on your personal terms and opinions. You won't consider the comic world valid in terms of labeling a character's popularity, yet you think The Flash is more A-list then Black Widow in the current non-comic reading mainstream audience and that Deadpool's status is the same as Ms Marvels regardless of him selling more in every single area of merch, media and social networking. That doesn't add up.

I agree with you on the biggies (Spidey,Batman etc), but your off on some of these characters whos status in modern pop culture has lifted significantly in the past 5 years.

Last edited by def28; 04-15-2013 at 11:34 PM.