View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #120
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Most disappointing comic-book movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
A Batman film marketing the villain, one of the most recognizable comic book anti heroes/villains (depending on writing) and Batman means it's trying to be more comic book-y? I mean, I found TDKR the most comic book like myself but marketing Batman, Bane and Catwoman is like how they marketed Batman, Joker and Two Face for TDK. The hero and the two villains/foils. It's not exactly unusual marketing.
Think you misunderstood. Could have been just me, but it looked to me that WB made an agressive approach in their advertisements to show scenes/stills of the costumed characters in scenes where they are together and interacting with one another. This is in contrast with TDK and particularly BB. If those films would have came out when TDKR did, I think you would have seen that approach and Two-Face being in the film wouldnt have been shrouded in secrecy and the same with Neeson. Just a subtle observation on the evolution of the series marketing campaign in correlation with the GAs expectations for CB movies since TDK.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote