View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #502
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
ď[The injury] got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up. How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun? ... Itís not unlike: I heard Brady signed on for three more years with New England, and then heís done being a QB, because heíll be 40. Iím 47, and Iíll be 50.Ē

http://screenrant.com/robert-downey-...ng-avengers-2/
So. This is a great example of what we've been talking about. And yeah, yeah. I know it doesn't mean much. I hear people say it all the time, "if Marvel wants RDJ they'll keep RDJ" they'll give him whatever he wants and more. And other people say "RDJ will never give up Tony Stark. It's his baby and he loves it" sure sure fine. But the fact is, we as fans need to decide what we need from the MCU.

Do we need RDJ as Stark in the MCU? Or do we need Tony Stark in the MCU with or without RDJ?

It may seem trivial to ask these questions. But in a film series that is on its way to being 12 movies and counting, I think it's worth pondering what will keep us entertained, for how long it will keep us entertained, and what is essentially at the heart of that entertainment?

In my opinion, Robert Downey Jr. has done so much for this series, but if he is done after Avengers 2, I won't lose the slightest amount of hope or loyalty. By phase 3, it will be time to take the focus off of Stark. He was kind of the star of phase 1 (if you didn't notice) he was in 4/6 of the phase 1 films and his father was a big part of another. Phase 2 on the other hand, his shine will likely be dimmed a bit to allow the other characters to shine brighter. By phase 3, they can continue in this direction. And if they recast him, but put the focus on Iron Man instead of Tony Stark, I'd be totally fine with that.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote