View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #885
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Have you thought about IT school? They have financial help, you are learning a skill that is highly employable and they help you find a job in many cases with an associate's degree 2 years
No. I haven't.

I've put in 27 jobs dating back to Dec 2012. Had the T.J. Maxx interview before I turned in another app, app #27 which was for Hobby Lobby. Hobby has it going on pay wise. Part time is now $9.50 min and full time is $14.00 min. Last I check min was here was $7.25, so kudos to them for paying more than min wage. Dunno if Hobby is hiring though...just know TJ Maxx and Bed Bath and Beyond are. I will know later on in week if my interview went well at TJ Maxx. FYI, it did feel better than my other 2 interviews I had this year.

Anyhow, I did the math. 3 interviews out of 26 apps is a 11.5% interview rate. -_-...well...the good news is 2 of those interviews has been this month.

Here is how I make myself cry...I am on pace for turning in 100 applications by December 1st 2013...and projected at only getting 6 interviews. Wait no...no...wrong math. I'm projected at 11 interviews out of 100. In other words, probably normal numbers these days.