View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #20
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I really like it too. It's uplifting and hopeful AND powerful all at the same time.

I also think this trailer has resonated so powerfully with the masses today because of what happened yesterday. I was just checking reactions on AICN and everybody loves it. And Harry had a good point: "And I think today, we all kinda wish for indestructable children - and the idea that just one could become SUPERMAN... well that's a helluva thing."
I'm just glad that the trailer had a really uplifting tone. I feel like after the past decade of terrorism, war, recession, and government deadlock, I feel like Superman's optimism will strike a chord with people. I hate to sound like Devin Faraci (when he criticized the Nolan Batfilms), but I feel like people might be getting a little tired of dark and gritty. Times of crisis always seem to encourage the consumption of escapist fantasy. People want to forget about real life for a little while. Superman and Batman were created during the Great Depression after all. If the marketing for this movie continues to solid, I feel like Man of Steel could be coming at just the right moment to be a massive hit.