View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #103
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

I honestly thing that really would put a cool spin on this whole thing....

...when you think of Krypton, were talking a world much more 'advanced' than ours...but that may not necessarily be a good thing. As technology and science has grown, so has religious (for lack of a better term) radicalism as a 'yin to that yang', so to speak. Zod could very well be a reflection of history's greatest radical zealots using a twisted sense of 'faith' or ideology to attain power. It only stands to reason that in a society where natural birth doesn't happen, this would be seen as a sign or miracle...and just the sort of thing radical zealots would want to capitalize on. Or...Zod is threatened by the power and influence implied by the miracle birth, rendering his ideology obsolete.....so he seeks to eliminate it by killing Kal-El, which he may portray as an unholy abomination.

Hence..."You think your son is safe...?" "I will find him!", and essentially a Kryptonian Jihad launched by Zod.

We see that giant mecha 'Kraken' thing....that could be something that Zod launches as a weapon, but it goes out of control and ends up destroying the whole planet. So he escapes, or is protected by being caught and banished to the Phantom Zone, and eventually follows Kal-El to Earth to finish what he set out to do on Krypton: either possess his as an ally or kill him as a threat to their power.

O the other hand, I kinda' hope it isn't true because I just ruined the surprise.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote