View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #105
jrmtz543
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

I find the information given in the EW article and the new trailer quite interesting. One aspect of the Superman mythos that has never worked well for me is the idea that an advanced alien race would be unable to escape their planet’s destruction or accept Jor-El's findings about Krypton's fate. I don’t care for the comics notion that space travel was forbidden or their genetic makeup was altered to prevent leaving Krypton, and Kal-El is the only one who lacks this genetic trait, etc.

What if Goyer has figured a way around this? Perhaps Jor-El sends his son to earth because his birth is unique / forbidden (the natural birth rather than an engineered one). Zod plans to find Kal-El, and Krypton explodes because of some unrelated war or other catastrophe. The planet is still destroyed, and it makes sense that Kal-El, Zod, and Faora are the only remaining Kryptonians.

Also, there seems to be a strong Birthright influence, with Lois searching for a superhuman who does good deeds and the symbol standing for hope.

Last edited by jrmtz543; 04-17-2013 at 01:12 PM.
jrmtz543 is offline   Reply With Quote