View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #113
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

After viewing the trailer at LEAST 20 times, I need someone to pinch me because I STILL feel like I'm dreaming. The things I saw in this trailer have been a long time coming. I was born in 1982 so my first memories of the Superman films start around when I was 4. I remember my brother had a photo of Chris Reeve at the Fortress of Solitude and because I didn't know any better at the time, I thought that was a photo of the REAL Superman. In my mind he wasn't a fictional character, he was someone in our world that was doing these amazing things. So I can't describe to you how special those films are to me...yes, even the 3rd and 4th ones.

Fast forward to 2005 when I'm all growed up and I know a little more about the world. Superman Returns is being made and I was elated. I was so excited to see a Superman film with modern effects!! We all know how that turned out though. As much as I loved that Singer was utilizing the Superman that Donner had created, Singer's Superman was pretty much as bastardization of the ideals that Superman represents. I tried to like it and I genuinely enjoyed seeing it in theaters, however it's painful to watch now.

I have been following the production of this film ever since it was a planned sequel to Superman Returns. I may not know all the details but I've heard the most juicy bits whenever it happened. I'm usually pretty good at determining the quality of a film by following the production...but this is a whole new beast. Maybe it's because I'm so bitter about SR or because there's so much WRONG with the world that I find it almost impossible to expect things to happen as they should. However, I'm so damn greatful and ecstatic that my expectations have been FAR surpassed....and this is just a friggin' trailer.

The trailer, alone, had EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to see in a post-2000 Superman film. There are very few trailers that I enjoy every second but this trailer does that and more. A 3 minutes trailer, gave me more joy, as a life long Superman fan who idolizes that ideals that he stands for than all of Superman Returns. It takes that bitter taste that I had and replaces it with a blast of the most delicious, mouth-watering sensation one can experience........and again, this is just a trailer.

I cherish the time I have and I often love to stop, slow down and appreciate what little time on this Earth we have........but these next 2 months can't pass by soon enough.