View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #121
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
I believe only a handful of people truly 'get' Superman.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Yes, there are many people who have a skewed vision of what Superman is supposed to be but I sincerely think that they've got just about EVERYTHING right with this film. David Goyer, while not a particular good director, GETS what makes a comic script translate well to the big screen. He understands Batman and Superman entirely and knows what parts of there original journeys serve a 2 hour movie. Christopher Nolan, while being a director whose movies generally have a darker edge, understands the psychology of a character. He is very cerebral and always ads layers to any script that he is involved with. Snyder, while not being a particular deep director, is undeniably one of the most gifted directors when it comes to visuals and always casts his movies well. And Zimmer, while many feel works with mostly generic compositions, works from the source and builds upon what makes that source so special.

If there are only a handful of people that 'get' Superman, 4 of those 5 fingers are attached to this film...and I honestly have to question anyone who feels, after seeing this trailer, that Nolan/Snyder haven't nailed the characterization of this iconic character. This is no Singerman......this is undeniably Superman.