View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #586
jse
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
....That "one guy's supposition that circulated on the Internet" that Thanos was deliberately letting Loki lose to maneuver the Cube into place for an infiltration of Odin's Treasury to nab the Gauntlet was me....
that's awesome . i didnt realize that was from an SHH forumer.. coz i think i read it from a personal website/blog, or someone who had read your post and then relayed it on their own website/blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Also, agree with Smashlilman's post about Chthon.
Guhhh... i hadn't made the connection.. Thanks SLM. Although i think it's unfortunate that they depowered an elder god to become the assistant of a demi-god. Kinda like it bugged me that Thor beat the Destroyer armor so handily. On the bright side, them utilizing the alias "The Other" instead of his more recognizable "Chthon" name would allow Marvel to be free to use the more powerful Chthon as a separate character in all his glory (in a Dr. Strange sequel for example) if they wanted.

I still think though that Whedon may have made Loki play the Mephisto part (or even a Mephisto/Nebula hybrid) in TA1 had he been allowed to make Thanos the main villain in that. But yeah i concede the point.