Thread: Why the 1970's?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why the 1970's?

I agree, he wants Nixon. But why?...

If you look at Nixon there are a couple of things that stand out.

One, of course, is how he opened China to the U.S. Could this be the plot point? Would they make Sunspot Chineese? I don't think so...

And then Vietnam, which banches into so much.

There is a new piece of information that has come out in the past few months which I think may just be the tie in, and yes, it's Vietnam related...

See, when Nixon was running against LBJ much of the debate was over Vietnam. It looked like LBJ was going to get the South Vietnamese to come to the table and allegedly Nixon personally tried to prevent it. There were these national wiretaps with this information.

LBJ ordered his security aid to remove the file with this information from the White House to prevent Nixon from getting to them (after Nixon won). Nixon knew about this file, which this Security Aid had named...

Wait for it...

THE "X" ENVELOPE!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm.......................................

Now everyone has heard of Watergate, right? Well, interestingly enough Watergate was (allegedly) not about getting photos of Democratic documents, but about trying to get this X Envelope!

SO, to me, the 70's is to tie in the Vietnam War to this X Envelope to Watergate...

Also, there are two main X characters who were in Vietnam.

One is Wolverine and the other... Forge.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote